Friday, February 11, 2011

Cinderella Play

Last night, I was in my first real play and it was an AMAZING experience!!!! I have been in two other productions at my school, but this one was, in my mind, my first real play. In 6th and 7th grade, I was in the plays Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and A Midsummer Night's Dream. The reason I said that these did not really count was because we only did dances in those plays and none of us had any lines. Now we have a new drama teacher and he is the BEST!!!!! He is super funny and amazingly talented. With his help, we wrote our own plays based off of the fairytale, Cinderella. The 6th grade did this really cool interpretive dance play, the 7th grade did a play called Twinderella by Charlie Lovett and then we did our own versions of Cinderella.

I played the part of the stepmother in our skit we named Anything For Our New Princess. It was a funny skit where I was waiting on Cinderella because she was the new princess and then by the end of our skit, I poisoned both of the step sisters and Cinderella and took the throne. It was a very funny comedy and we had the whole school laughing! I had a wonderful time and I am now considering participating in the theater in high school next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment