Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grandma's Poem

My grandparents on my dad's side live about 45 minutes away from us so we go and visit them a lot. I love them so much and always have a great time with them. My grandma got a poem from one of her friends in California (where they used to live)and she hung it up in her house. When I was little, I would always go into the room and read the poem. Eventually, I had read it so many times that I had memorized it and I love it so here it is...

A Special Kind of Friend

If there's someone you can talk to, someone no one can replace.
If there's someone you can laugh with, until tears run down your face.

If there's someone you can turn to, when you need a helping hand.
If there's someone you can count on, to advise and understand.

If there's someone you can sit with, and not need to say a word.
If there's someone you can trust, to keep confidence she's heard.

If there's someone you think more of, as each year comes to an end.
You're a very lucky person, for you've found a special friend!

By Doris Faulhaber

1 comment:

  1. You sent this poem to me once. You copied it out by hand and decorated the paper. It still hangs by my desk.

    ReplyDelete