Sunday, January 16, 2011

Up to the Mountain

Today our choir sang the song Up to the Mountain by Patty Griffin. It is a beautiful song that honors Martin Luther King and I really enjoyed singing it. Now I don't know what our choir director or the congregation thought (haha), but I thought we sounded good. Our piano player sang the solo part and sounded absolutely gorgeous and I felt proud to be apart of the choir this morning.

As we were rehearsing before church this morning, our director pointed something out to us. He called this particular verse to our attention... "Some days I look down, afraid I will fall. And though the sun shines, I see nothing at all. And then I hear Your sweet voice, oh, oh, come and then go. Telling me softly, You love me so." He read it out to us instead of singing it and let us hear how beautiful it was. "Isn't this the reason we are all here today?" he asked us. I thought that was a wonderful thing for him to do and say because we are all usually too busy trying to make sure we are singing the right notes that we don't really notice how wonderful and meaningful the lyrics to our songs are. That really opened my eyes and I will pay more attention to the lyrics in songs now. :)

If you would like to listen to the song, I have put it on the play list on this blog. It is called Up to the Mountain. Enjoy!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment